Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My SNES collection

Here's my Super Nintendo collection.



I got my Super Nintendo for Christmas of 1992 along with Street Fighter II and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.  That was one hell of a Christmas!  After that, of course, I got several more games.  Some of these boxes are the ones I kept.  Others are replacements since I didn't keep the boxes (such as Final Fantasy II and Zelda).

Now, this isn't the actual box that my system came in since my parents threw away the system box probably right after we opened it, but it is the same type of box that the system came in.



You'll find some similarities to my NES collection in that I have the Double Dragon and Castlevania games (in addition to Mario and Zelda games), a multiplayer adapter and two regular controllers, plus a turbo pad and joystick.  The Super Bomberman jumbo box is something special that I picked up early this year.  It was a special package which included the game and the Super Multitap adapter that Hudson made for the system.  Since Nintendo didn't really manufacture its only multitap (unlike the official ones for the NES), Hudson went ahead and made one and that pretty much became the official multiplayer adapter for the system.  What's interesting though, is that it supports up to five controllers at once because it has four controller ports and only plugs into the second controller port on the system.  That's also the very same Super Scope that I used to capture my Super Scope gameplay.  I picked that up last year, I believe.



There are some real gems in this collection, as far as I'm concerned.  Every one of these games is great (except Double Dragon V), and there's no way I'd ever part with them.

Like my NES, the SNES is stored in a similar organizer that I purchased from the Nintendo Power Super Power Supplies Catalog.  However, there are two organizer types.  The NES/N64 type, which has a drawer divided into two sections, and SNES type, pictured below, which has the drawer divided into three sections.


That's my very same SNES from 1992.  Only the bottom section is yellowed, so the plastic sections must have come from different batches at the factory.  The controllers are original.


Additional SNES games are stored in this organizer.  I may need another one if I keep buying SNES games.


The Super Multitap and the Super Advantage are stored in a drawer below the NES Advantage.  I had a Super Advantage since the mid '90s, but early this year I bought a brand new in box and sold my old one.  I also have an extra Asciipad because my original one doesn't function right, so I bought a new one a few years ago.

Well, that's it for the Super Nintendo.  Up next I'll be showing the Nintendo 64 collection.

1 comment:

  1. The Super Advantage is perfect for fighting games, with the Asciipad.

    ReplyDelete