Thursday, August 10, 2017

Nintendo Switch Arcade Stick




My HORI Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa joystick finally arrived from Amazon, and man am I happy.

The so-called "Pro" Controller that I was using was total dog shit for Ultra Street Fighter II because the D-pad was messing up my movements all the time.  For some reason, the D-pad has a bit of a click to it that causes left/right presses to also press up or down (and vice versa).  The button layout wasn't the greatest either (not for a tournament fighter, anyway).  I actually stopped playing the game for a month or so because of these issues (and lag).

Luckily, those issues are now gone, and I look forward to playing some more Street Fighter, except this time I don't have to fight my opponent and my controller.  I just wish this arcade stick had been released at the same time as the game.

Note that this is a wired controller, so you have to connect it to the Switch dock through the built-in USB cable.  Allegedly, this cuts down on any wireless input lag for the controller itself, but I don't know if I've ever noticed input lag within wireless controllers.

Anyway, here are more pictures of the packaging and the stick itself:






 

9 comments:

  1. Hello WPN. I saw an old post about you buying Operation Thunderbolt for SNES. Would it be possible for you to scan the front of the box or take a good centered picture of it?
    I'm trying to find accurate and quality scans/screenshots of SNES box arts, unfortunately, 90% of box arts online are reconstructed/reproductions/custom and have their logos and signs on different places.

    Anyway, hope you read this and are able to take a good picture of it.

    My email is reyvgm -at- hotmail dot com , in case you wish to send it directly to my email.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rey. I think I'm familiar with your work. I forget the website name, but I think it has screenshots of endings and whatnot. Anyway, I'll try to scan the Operation Thunderbolt box and get it to you within the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, indeed. It's the VGMuseum.com :)

      Thanks for taking the time to scan it!

      Delete
  3. It took me a while to get to it, but I just posted the scans on the blog. They're in the newest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful, thanks!

      And I got to say you have an amazing collection :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks. I do enjoy my collection quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one once, but there's was a burglary and they stole it all, along with CIB NES, N64, GB, and GBC games. After that I gave up on collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I wouldnt mind a few rounds on that stick, but Im invested in my Qanba Crystal right now. Hori RAP was a close second choice to Qanba when I was shopping for a stick.

    ReplyDelete