Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Collector's Edition

I had thought about getting the Collector's Edition for Tears of Kingdom back when it was announced, but I was a bit lazy and so I never got around to preordering a copy during the extremely limited window of opportunity.  I ended up just buying a standard version of the game from Best Buy and getting their neat little poster.

However, about a week ago my friend Keet spotted a sealed Collector's Edition on eBay that didn't have too much of a mark-up from the retail price, so I decided to buy it (he had to buy his on eBay as well).  Since another friend was looking to pick up a used copy of the game at a discount anyway, I'll be selling my extra copy to him.


The overall box design is rather lackluster, especially compared to the awesome Special Edition release for Breath of the Wild.  However, the included bonuses are better than I expected.  While the pins are nothing special, the art book and steel poster are really neat.  The steel case is also decent (though I won't use it).

I actually thought that the Collector's Edition would have a much smaller box, but it's nearly the same size as the Breath of the Wild Special Edition.  It also weighs quite a bit due to art book and steel goodies inside.  Overall, I'm glad I decided to pick it up.  Thanks Keet!



No comments:

Post a Comment