Monday, November 19, 2012

My gaming setup

Here is my current gaming setup:


The TV is a 32-inch that does 1080p.  The model is 32LG70.  The sound system is a Panasonic HTB15 sound bar system.  It supports surround sound since it has Dolby and DTS decoders (as well as 5.1 LPCM support, so the Wii U's surround sound works with it), and you can split it into two sections (which is why I bought it).  It's different from an actual 5.1 system though since it is simulating surround sound through a 2.1 system.  But even so, you can actually hear all the separate sound channels quite clearly.  Games like Metroid Prime sound wonderful on it.

To the bottom left you can see my Hauppauge HD PVR and the audio/video distribution amplifier which I use to split cables to multiple inputs with the retro systems.

The samurai sword was given to me as a gift when I graduated college.  It's not real; it's just a knock-off.  But it looks nice.

The Wii U has taken the Wii's old spot next to the satellite box:


The poor Wii has been moved downstairs next to the GameCube, but both systems are connected to the TV with component cables (sometimes I use HDMI with the Wii U.  It depends on whether or not I want to record footage):


I store my current and fairly recent games in this swiveling DVD tower I got from Best Buy.  I'll need another one of these soon enough, and I'll be getting a black Wii Remote holder from Club Nintendo soon since I'll be getting black Wii Remotes to go with the Wii U (I love Wii Remotes.  They're awesome controllers).


Here are some boxes:


This is my computer desk where I do all my capturing and video editing.  My computer is a custom-built gaming computer from Cyber Power.  It has a Core i5 3.4 ghz processor, HD Radeon 7770 graphics card and 8 gigs of ram.  I don't really use it for gaming at the moment, but that may change.  My printer is missing because it needs to be repaired.  That chair is very comfy.



I still need to post my handheld collection.  I'll get around to that.

3 comments:

  1. You actually have a good collection of Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games. Can you describe each game from every system and how you acquired them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to, although my memory of the earliest games is quite foggy (Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Kung Fu, etc.). Plus, that would take a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. Some of the games you got were mostly during your years in high school and college.

    ReplyDelete