Sunday, November 11, 2012

My NES collection.

I've had some people ask me on my Youtube channel to post my gaming collection, but I don't have a video camera, so I can't provide any footage.  I'm not sure I even have anything worthwhile to say in a video anyway.  However, I can at least take pictures, so that should suffice.

I'm starting from the beginning, so that means the NES. 


I got my NES Action Set in 1988 or 1989 (not really sure.  I was too young to even remember the first time I played it).  The very box that the system came in is pictured below.  As you can see, it's the gray Zapper version, which preceded the orange Zapper.



All of my games and accessories are boxed and include the instruction manuals.  The collection itself is not that large, but I do own some real gems (I'm quite proud of RC Pro Am II, which is an excellent 4-player game).  I still need to pick up several titles including Contra and Super C.

The system and most of the controllers are stored in this special organizer that I purchased from the Nintendo Power Super Power Supplies Catalog back in the mid/late '90s.  It's really nice since I can move the system around easily.


Additional games are stored in these official plastic game cases:


The NES Advantage is stored in a drawer with some other accessories:


So that's it for now.  Up next I'll be showing the Super Nintendo collection.

4 comments:

  1. There's much to say about the NES. Did you disable the 10NES chip in the system? I know they suffer the blinking red lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never disabled it. I don't even know how. The NES still functions amazingly after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too hard to disable. You open it up, find the 10NES Chip, and with a knife, disable it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, nice collection you got here! All I got is my Wii, my DS Lite, and a crappy PC.

    ReplyDelete