Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - Complete

Keet has reminded me that I still need two Turtles games for my Nintendo systems (III and IV, respectively), so I finally got around to picking up Turtles in Time for the SNES.

This game was not cheap.  It cost me $130 just to get the box, manual and cartridge with no inserts whatsoever - not even the inner tray.  And even at that price I got lucky.

I then had to assemble the remaining inserts from various auctions to create a complete copy.  But the effort was worth it.

I now possess a 100% complete copy of this amazing game (well, minus the plastic bag which I could still easily acquire).  This is probably the second or third most valuable game in my collection right now across all systems.  Based on current ebay prices (as in, what people are actually paying), this copy has a value of more than $200.  Retro game prices are getting out of control, but I knew I had to get the game before it gets any more ridiculous.




I played this game at least once as a kid.  I think my brother and I rented it, and as I recall, we beat it.  It's not a very challenging game, but it is fun!  I look forward to uploading a two-player playthrough this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment